Mix 5 parts water with 1 part of an enzyme laundry detergent (Tide® or Cheer®) to have a mixture that works well on all stains. Most liquid spills simply blot off the surface with a dry towel. If a stain remains, follow these simple steps:
- Remove excess soil, and apply the soap mixture on the stained area.
- Allow solution to remain on stain for 1 minute.
- Blot up the stain with a dry, clean towel, rinse any remaining soap and blot the area again.
Repeat these steps if a spot still remains. If agitation is necessary, spray the stained area and work the stain using a soft brush or edge of spoon from outside of spot toward the middle. Blot and rinse to remove any soap.
Most housekeeping operations periodically extract the upholstered surfaces. Follow these steps to safely remove stains using extraction equipment:
- Before wet cleaning, vacuum the upholstery.
- Apply a cleaning solution to specific spots, and lightly brush.
- Follow directions on filling extraction machine with proper solution, wet the area with pre-spray and vacuum up the solution.
Cleaning information is offered for general guidance and is not a guarantee. The use of certain cleaning agents can be harmful to the surface appearance and lifespan of a product. Burch Fabrics assumes no responsibility for damage to a product resulting from lack of cleaning, improper cleaning or the misuse of cleaning agents. Certain clothing and accessory dyes (such as those used on denim jeans) may migrate to materials and cause permanent damage. Burch Fabrics cannot be held responsible for dye transfer caused by external contaminants.